River City Truck Parts is seeking to add a permanent, full time Truck Dismantler position to our team. Our vision is ‘To keep trucks moving,’ and truck dismantling plays a major role by harvesting useable parts off wrecked and worn trucks. This in turn keeps trucks moving and our customers satisfied.
Our Truck Dismantler is responsible for properly removing all useable engines, transmissions, differentials, drivetrain components, and certain body parts in a safe, efficient, and proper manner. The Dismantler works with other departments inside of our company. Occasionally this position works with our sales team to dismantle parts for customers. This person must maintain a positive attitude while working with other departments and customers to remove parts.
This position requires a hardworking, responsible, dedicated person who can stay on task and meet the needs of our team. To excel at this position this person must be able to learn from experienced team members and operate equipment, tools, and torches in a safe and efficient manner.
If you like putting your equipment and tool skills to use, you’ll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties
- Dismantle Trucks within the suggested time constraints safely and efficiently.
- Utilize forklifts, telehandlers, torches, and hand tools in a safe manner to accomplish these tasks. We provide all the tools and equipment necessary. Must show care and concern for company supplied tools and equipment.
- Inspect and Label parts. Divide and clean harvested parts between inventory, bulk storage, and scrap.
- Occasionally assist sales team to harvest parts for customers.
- Keep a clean and organized work area that is environmentally friendly.
- Communicate clearly with other departments and team members on part processing, identification, and priority.
- Hand tools, air tools, and torches.
- Hands-on automotive or mechanical experience.
- Forklift and/or heavy equipment experience.
- Basic computer skills (esp. MS Office) required.
Here are some of the benefits to joining our team:
- Weekly pay with direct deposit!
- 100% Health Insurance coverage for the full-time team member!
- 401K with company match available!
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay!
- Boot & Uniforms provided after trial period!
- Production Bonus after trial period!
- All tool provided for the job!
- Supportive, Open-Door Management!